Friday, March 2, 2012

Update: Amazon Mechanical Turk


So I decided to do a little "turk-ing" last night and I figured I would test out how much I am really making per hour.  I picked a HIT that had a lot available and they each paid at 5 cents.  The only issue with this HIT was that it required more work than I'm used to for these types of HITs.  In 1 hour I did 125 of them and I was on a computer with 1 monitor which slowed me down a bit.  Today my account was updated and $6.25 was added to my account.  This surprisingly isn't too bad for working on the internet, now keep in mind that this is money that can only be used for shopping on Amazon.  

My only suggestion is that once you find something you are good at, stick with it and keep going.  There are jobs out there for people with specific skills that pay more money, but I haven't found anything within my skill set at this point.

I would be curious to know if any of my readers have tried this yet?

3 comments:

  1. Do any of these online money-making schemes really work? They pay barely anything and require a lot of effort. Its more like free labour for them to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about this, I want to test it out again. I'll let you know how it goes for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Miami - I completely agree and that is why I'm here. I'm trying to find something that isn't providing slave labor to a company sitting back reeling in the profits.

    @Gryt I would love to hear how it goes for you.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete